>> Click here to download the latest FCCDC Service Offering <<
>> Click here for the latest Press Releases <<
>> Click here to download our Nature Reviews Article <<
About The FCCDC Process
Fox Chase Chemical Diversity Center (FCCDC) is a company focused on providing medicinal chemistry/chemical biology support to basic research programs. Our goal is to assist researchers to develop their fundamental research into bona fide drug discovery programs.
We do this through a variety of means:
- Seek, find and develop molecular probes to better elucidate their target and potential therapeutic application.
- Advance Hits from screening to Lead status, using in silico design and chemical synthesis via small directed libraries or individual compounds; improve/develop structural activity relationships (SAR) as well as evaluate/improve ADME properties.
- Determine the Intellectual Property position of the chemical matter and provide a path forward for which novel compositions can be made and protected.
At FCCDC, we have >125 years of industrial experience ranging from big pharma (J&J, Merck), biotech and contract research organizations.
Here is a partial list of therapeutic areas and target classes studied over our careers:
- Central nervous system, neurology and psychiatry
- Anti-infectives (antibacterial and antiviral)
- Inflammation and immunology
- Diabetes and obesity, multiple targets
- Ion channels (IKr, Iks, nAChRs)
- GPCRs (integrins, avb3, 5-HT, dopamine, adrenergic)
- Kinases (Raf, p38, DAPK)
FCCDC is located at the Pennsylvania Biotechnology Center (PBC), and is affiliated with the Pennsylvania Drug Discovery Institute. The PBC is a 112,000 square foot campus that houses nonprofit research organizations and commercial start-up companies in the same facility, located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania (just north of Philadelphia).
Our laboratory space is fully equipped to meet our synthesis and analysis needs:
- 300 MHz NMR, multinuclear probe capability
- LC/MS and LC/MS/MS
- Microwave synthesizer (MAOS)
- Multiple chromatography systems
- Fully equipped labs: glassware, balances, vacuum pumps, ovens, platform shakers, pipettors, etc.
- Access to all other equipment of the PDDI and PBC